These rules apply to all the fisheries that CALPAC own or lease, unless otherwise amended by the rules and regulations specific to a particular fishery.
1. No more than two rods are to be used by any angler, on all waters of the association.
2. Only Barbless Hooks to be used at all times.
3. All fish will be weighed at the bank and returned alive to the water.
4. If a rod and line is to be left unattended, the hook must be removed from the water, the bait removed and the hook left safe.
5. No Barbel, Carp or distressed fish to be retained in keepnets. They must be weighed and returned immediately to the water.
6. No member/day ticket angler shall take any tin cans or glass bottles apart from those containing medical prescriptions on to an Association Fishery at any time.
7. That any member/day ticket angler on arriving at any of the Association Fisheries finds evidence of dead or dying fish will immediately notify the General Secretary/Fisheries e/or the appropriate Water Authority. Delay could mean the loss of the entire stock.
8. No members/day ticket anglers are permitted to take a gun or other weapon on to an Association Fishery, or the land adjacent thereto unless he/she has prior written permission from the General Secretary. This permission is not normally given.
9. That all members/day ticket anglers will keep to the footpaths and use stiles/gates to gain access, ensuring that all gates are closed behind them.
10. That every member/day ticket angler of the Association will collect any litter in the area they intend to fish before they start fishing. This must be removed from the fishery.
11. Generally, night fishing is not allowed on Association Fisheries. This means that all anglers must be clear of the venue by the published times, except at designated venues with special permits.
12. That no member/day ticket angler is permitted to play a radio/mobile phone without using headphones.
13. Members must be in possession of a valid Membership Book whilst fishing. If you are not in possession of the above, you will be asked to leave the fishery.
14. All members and day ticket anglers are required to use clean and dried nets and clothing before fishing on association waters. This is to follow good practice in Biosecurity. (Check, Clean, Dry)
15. Members are permitted to take one dog onto CALPAC fisheries subject to the following conditions.
- Dogs must be on a lead or secured by a dog spike away from the main path.
- Owners must ensure their dogs are kept under control at all times.
- Owners must clean up all dog mess and remove it from the fishery on their departure.
16. The use of Bait Boats is not permitted on any CALPAC fishery.
17. No member/Day Ticket Angler shall present their bait within 1m of a visible snag in the water. Fish welfare is paramount on all CALPAC Fisheries.
Failure to comply with the above rules could result in the termination of your membership or removal from the fishery for day ticket anglers.